Sunday, July 31, 2016

Serendipity

Do you agree the word itself seems to sing?
At one time or another serendipity shows
up in everyone's life.
























Sometimes, we say, "it's a miracle."
And other times it just seems strange, right?

Today serendipity hit me right in my google
search. I began to type a mundane word,
and immediately "St Mary Euphrasia"
(Rose Virginie Pelletier) completed itself in my search.


                            Good Shepherd Nuns interned at Rangoon City Jail during WWII

Serendipity or miracle. . .as it happens
today is the 200th birthday of this saint
who founded the Order of the Sisters of
the Good Shepherd.  (An order of nuns
that first drew my thoughts to religious
life when I was sixteen years old.)

(My short essay on these Sisters was
accepted for publication some years ago.
And like many writers, I wait to see if it will
find its way into print.)

Now here comes the question: Why/How
did this happen today of all days?

Is there some young woman out there
who needs to read about this French nun--
maybe a religious vocation thought for someone?

Or. . .  perhaps I am just being given the opportunity
to say, Happy Birthday! Rose Virginie Pelletier.
Pray for us.
                          AMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment